7.3 low power and low boost - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3 low power and low boost

Hi everyone I need some help on my 96 powerstroke with 208,xxx miles . What is going on is I'll be going down the road when it will start to sound like it has jake brakes and my boost will go from 8psi to 0. I already changed the fuel filter and I always treat the fuel in the winter. I have had it to a shop to read the codes and there are none. At this point I'm kind of at a lose as to where to go so any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ebpv more then likely
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If it is the Ebpv how do I test it to see if that is the problem.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM

I'm not too sure on this either but check your EBP sensor and tube. They are most likely clogged and need a good cleaning and possibly replace the sensor.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM

Does it only do it when its cold or when the motor is up to temp and what are the temps in your area
Old 02-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey I'm new but have had my 7.3 for several years .been running great but today took it out this morning and back home . 4 hours later I start her up take off go about a 1/4 mile starts bogging down and engine light comes on and goes out when idle levels off. It's like no power .yesterday filled my tank and took it to the self serve car wash. Didn't open the hood. Went to the gas station and asked if any complaints ,problem with diesel they said no . Opened and closed water separater after ruff idle .let it warm up and the idle would go up and down on its own .after a while it seemed that it will level off sound normal but as soon as you hit the pedal or put it in gear idle lowers and engine light comes back on .only other thing I did diff. That I can think of is put a can of sea foam in tank at fillup . And suggestions . Possibilities . Was thinking maybe station had gas in diesel pump? How would that make the 7.3 act ? Thanks 97 dizzell
Old 02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It seems to run good when its cold but once it has been running for a few miles it starts to act up. I already had the ebp tube cleaned and tested the sensor.The temperature in the area is between -15 and 10 above. The truck runs great at 70mph but if I cut it back to 60 it will start loosing power and boost intermittently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.