Join Date: Jan 2014
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IPR Connector is normal + my two cents
That type of IPR connection wiggle is normal.
My truck is the same way, I was a bit worried at first but it is a non issue.
First things first with a no-start:
1. Check the oil (give it a little extra oil - up to two quarts over is acceptable)
2. Plug the truck in if you have a block heater.
3. Find a diagnostic tool and get it hooked up to monintor ICP and IPR as well as fuel pulse width. (If you can't get a diagnostic tool, proceed to step 4. but be careful not to work your starter too hard before you come back to step 3.)
4. have a battery booster/charger hooked up to make sure the voltage stays up and the pcm doesn't cut out when you try and start it.
5. Cycle the ignition and listen for the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator to make some noise.
6. Observe the exhaust. If the injectors are firing/trying to fire you will get the diesel smoke smell coming out the tail pipe.
7. If you get no diesel smoke smell, unplug the ICP and try again.
Post back with what you've tried so far and let us know what you observe.