Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

tps only reading 80% WOT

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  73nancy 
#1 ·
hey guys been having a stumble/ bog in my 96 for awhile. Couldn't figure it out since everything passed on my AE. So today I was messing around and decided to check out my throttle input. At idle its at 9%, Touch the pedal just barely to hear it click and I'm reading 18% ( rpms still around 620). Took it down the street have a nice straight went WOT highest I could get it was 78%. The AE chart showed Yellow at wot but goes back to green in any other position. normal driving it reads around 30%- 40 but my foot is not nearly that far in prob around 1/4.
So my guess is my tps is bad? I have heard parts are hard to come by but you can buy the dorman one for it. Some extra information the truck has a noticeable shutter at 1k- 2k, you can feel the engine hitching even in park. At WOT it has this deep groan . Any help would be great before I start buying parts.:ford:

#5 ·
I did turn down my chip to stock when I did it. I left my foot in it for a 1/8 or so. Truck was shifting way above 1800 and it never went past 3.88 . The voltage mid range is like 1.8v at around what is says is 30% but its much lower based on how much I have my foot on the pedal. The truck def has a skip and it will surge from 615 rpm to 645 at idle but it doesn't do it all the time though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.