Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Thanked 145 Times in 141 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
- How long does the WTS light stay on?
- Check voltage at both big terminals. Key off, one terminal should be hot (12.5-ish volts), the other should be zero.
- Turn key to RUN and check again. The voltage at the "hot" terminal (above) should be less, aprx. 11.5. You should now have voltage at the other big terminal. It might be less than the "hot" one (say, 11.3), but if the _difference_ is more than 0.3V, the relay is faulty.
- Turn the key off, put a voltmeter on the red/green wire small terminal on the relay, turn the key to RUN again. Does that terminal get voltage? It should.
- Glow plug check - measure the resistance of each glow plug at the UVCH connector. Should be right around 1 ohm each.