95 7.3 Fuel Leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 7.3 Fuel Leak

I have read all the sticky's on the forum for fuel leaks and they have been very helpful. My leak appears to be coming from the lower hose that goes from the bottom of the fuel bowl filter housing out to the fuel pump lower fitting on the fuel bowl side. At least that is where I can see it dripping from.

I have a couple questions I am hoping you can help me out on. I am looking at replacing the hoses from Diesel O Rings and also replacing the Fuel Bowl assembly as well mainly due to my wiring harness on it being frayed and clips broken off and brittle. Diesel O Rings is showing a replacement fuel bowl assembly for $354.67 for 94.5-97

Complete Fuel Bowl Assembly 1994-5 - 1997

I found the same Motorcraft one on e-bay for $248.99 FG-1054
Motorcraft FG 1054 Fuel Filter F6TZ 9155 AB | eBay
but their applications only show for a 1996. Are they not one and the same? O'Reilly Auto Parts is showing the same for theirs as well for 1996 only.

So my questions are:

1. Will I be safe ordering the ebay one for $100.00 cheaper do they not all fit the same 1994.5-1997? It looks the same to me or should I just go with the one off of Diesel O Rings site even though it is $100.00 more?

2. I have seen some that say to do an e-swap. I am not sure what that all entails and how hard that is to do or how costly.

Any thoughts and recommendations? I am not really sure which direction to go....Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

They are both the same thing. There are some differences in the early-to-late fuel bowls and regulators, but as ling as you are changing out the entire bowl/regulator assembly, you should be good. Cheers!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Awesome! Thank you Sir. I appreciate the help. Happy New Year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.