Dies, low-to-no accelleration, ICP sensor/part differences - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 10:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dies, low-to-no accelleration, ICP sensor/part differences

My 7.3 has a new ICP sensor & now it starts & runs some, but dies as you slow down, cutting out running completely & strands you overnight not starting or accellerating, for some reason later deciding to run some so I wonder if the ICP sensor needs gel at the connector point? The connections are very clean. I want to check the injector glow plug connectors in case someone that worked on it prior didn't make sure there was no oil on them so I'll go try to get a manual showing how to do that tomorrow. Does anyone know the name of a really good manual I can get & where to get it? I'm not a guy or someone with extensive knowledge, but want to start trying to do some things myself if possible that costs less. I am so grateful for this site. I have also wondered if it was injector connectors or a fuel pump or throttle position sensor, some part stores call that a throttle switch control, but I wondered if maybe that's a different part? Can someone tell me what a IPR is? Now this got confusing because NAPA's throttle position sensors didn't have the right connection end & when the part was returned they said they didn't carry the one my F250 has by the accelleration pedal. Same with the local Ford. Does anyone know where I can order the right replacement throttle position sensor to try to see if this is what it is?

And what the difference is between that & the glow plug relay? Also, would a cylanoid not distributing power properly caus it to die? Mine seems ok but I don't know. I have a good Snap-On digital multimeter but need a good mechanic book to show me how to properly test the cylanoid. Any good books & where to get them would help because it's slow going trying to ask people for every little thing. After breaking down 2 days in Thermopis, Wyoming a couple weeks ago, I had to pay $266.66 & why it went down ignoring the accelleration pedal was not resolved. After 2 days in the shop with the mechanic unable to start it, at all, or resolve, it suddenly 'just started.' Codes didn't aid in showing anything related so after resetting codes, broke down again over night in Moses Lake, WA a couple days later the same way. It started the next day but was sputtering, grabbing real bad not accellerating or going forward smoothly at all or properly when it did start the next day. It would smooth 'some' on a higher idle after it would start again, but not at all on the low idle. Does reach a point though when it dies where it won't start. It was just terrible to watch & so discouraging. Almost all my injectors are new but 2. Engine is rebuilt with about 660 miles on it, it is really discouraging & unsafe to have to fear being stranded on the highway far away from everybody. And in the cold weather this is even worse. I appreciate anybody's & everybody's help very much & thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dying, not accellerating

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.