Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HPOP draining down over night

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Coffeebean 
#1 ·
Now I know I'm not the first person to have this issue and I have read and performed almost every task to try to fix this HPOP drain back let me give some history and see if anyone has an idea of the next step. I have Modified the timing cover, it has a new LPOP, Check valve & spring, a HPOP from a 01 PS, new fuel filter housing, cleaned out the oil cooler, cleaned and made sure oil pickup was sealed and re-torqued, and the HPOP res. is also from an '01 PS.

I feel that I have done everything under the sun it seems like and it is still draining my HPOP res. it has slowed the drain back since I did the mod on the timing cover but still hasnt completely fixed the issue any help will be appreciated

#2 ·
I just want to throw out there that there are a few different mounting gaskets for different year HPOP's. And also different reservoir mounting gaskets for different years. Whether these contribute to your problem I really don't know.

You remember what they look like? here's some pics.

http://www.dieselsite.com/oempartsgaskets.aspx

there is also check valve or check ball. That may have been left out.

#3 ·
The check ball is for sure in but looking at the website you posted the HPOP gaskets are different but I did change the HPOP reservoir gasket . I left the '95 HPOP gasket in, that might have something to do with the issue I will try that and come back with something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.