Hpop resivour leaking down - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 03:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hpop resivour leaking down

About 2 weeks ago my truck sat for a week while I was on vacation.
When I got back it took a few try's to start it, which is unusual for my truck.
Drove it around for a few days no problems. Go out one morning to start it and it won't start. Ended up figuring out the hpop oil resivour leaked down. So I filled it up and she fired right up. At the same time I changed the fuel filter thinking that it wouldn't hurt anything.
Drive it around a few days again, it's great! Starts up quick with the new filter, it's running great, no problems.
Go out to leave for work this morning and it just cranks.,..and cranks, and cranks some more....

Now I'm assuming the resivour leaked down again, but have not verified this yet, as I am on my way to work now...
What could be causing it to leak back down? I
Think I read injector o-rings somewhere?
I will verify the problem tonight and update if its something else.
Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check the oil level at the dipstick while you are at it.

What does your stock oil pressure gauge read? I know that gauge is more of an idiot light but it registers lpop and that is what is in your reservoir but it won't do anything till the engine is running.

If your oil is low in the crankcase then it may be injector orings

When you replaced the fuel filter, was it black or had black in the pleats? That is another indicator that it might be injector oring(s) as well. If it had black in it before you changed it, check it again now that you put some more miles on.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM

Stock gauge reads right in the middle where it always has... I do have a small oil leak on this truck, and it blows a lot of oil smoke through the crankcase vent (vented to atmosphere) so I'm adding oil to it every few weeks... Right now it reads in the middle off the hash marks.it does seem to use a little more then it should even with the 2 things I mentioned...
The fuel filter was black.... Ill pull the new one out tonight and check it out
Old 09-30-2013, 03:22 PM

Oil pressure gauge reads good.. Right about in the center.
The truck does have a oil leak and blows oil smoke out of the crankcase vent... It does seem to use more oil then it should but I figured it was just blowing out the ccv..
The old fuel filter was black... I can pull the new one tonight and take a look at it
And I will post results
Old 10-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
Check the oil level at the dipstick while you are at it.

What does your stock oil pressure gauge read? I know that gauge is more of an idiot light but it registers lpop and that is what is in your reservoir but it won't do anything till the engine is running.

If your oil is low in the crankcase then it may be injector orings

When you replaced the fuel filter, was it black or had black in the pleats? That is another indicator that it might be injector oring(s) as well. If it had black in it before you changed it, check it again now that you put some more miles on.
Hi: Have same problem, but oil drains back into crankcase. No apparent leaks or burning. ''95 F250 any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.