installed stage one injectors and 17* hpop - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
installed stage one injectors and 17* hpop

Hey guys hows it going new here .. names shane I have a 1996 f350 7.3. Just had a buddy install stage one injectors and a 17* hpop. also had my ts chip re burned as well. The injectors were out for a couple of days as he removed them to give the cores back. when I delivered the truck to him drove 2 hours and truck ran great. He installed the injectors and hpop and went to fire the truck and all it does it crank. He cranked and cranked and never started.. he didn't remove glow plugs to get oil out of cylinders he said while injectors were out he turned motor over by hand and shot oil out of the cylinders.. he filled hpop resivor and all.. wait to start light comes on and works normal.. when cranking no smoke was coming out of exhaust either.. he was telling me it was the ipr but truck ran great when I brought it to him..
right now the tuner isn't even hooked up because he tried to start the truck without that plugged in to see if it would run. checked all fuses for fuel bow all in truck under dash under hood and all.
any ideas on what couple of happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it usually does take a bunch of cranking to restart after injector swaps, you need to purge the oil and fuel galleys before they will flow.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine took much longer than I thought after doing injectors. Had to recharge the battery a couple times. Probably 5 or 6 20-30 second cranks. It won't light off until it sees high enough HPOP pressure.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Premium Member

My buddy with a 95 just rebuilt his fuel bowl and it took us a long time to get the truck to fire ( we didnt know you had to refill the bowl manually I have a 99) I had to use my truck to boost while we cranked his over.

After about 3 minutes total ( 15 second cranks) we started seeing smoke. Then it started to try and cough. We had hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and that's how we knew we were on the right track as you could see if go up with every turn of the motor.

His neighbours must have hated us, but it started... took a few days to really run smooth again though.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah we cranked this truck for a while a lot longer than normal.. there is oil in hpop reservoir, I put 12v to the ipr and it clicked.. getting a idm fault code and a high low volt circuit bank 2.. cranked it more and still nothing.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubid1997 View Post
yeah we cranked this truck for a while a lot longer than normal.. there is oil in hpop reservoir, I put 12v to the ipr and it clicked.. getting a idm fault code and a high low volt circuit bank 2.. cranked it more and still nothing.
Sounds like one uvch isn't plugged in all the way and its taking longer than normal to start. It won't start since one bank is not firing the injectors to let the air out of that side galleys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.