Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1995 F250 Check engine light comes off and on while driving

7K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  cthom388 
#1 ·
i am new to the diesel world so im kinda clueless here and im needing some advice so here it goes. When i was driving my truck and let off of the throttle and let it coast it would kind of hiccup or miss once and the check engine light came on but then when i gave it power and didnt feather the throttle it would hiccup again and the light would go off any ideas i know its got to be something electrical right? any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. and the problem is ongoing.

#2 ·
If the cel light is coming on u need to pull the code either u need a scanner or u can take it to an auto parts store and they will usually do it for u being a 95 it could be obd 1 or 2 get the code and go from there:thumb:

#4 ·
Still get the code

#6 ·
Some auto part stores will do it...u can buy an obd 1 scanner for about 30$ or u can take it to a local shop some places have a free diagnostic or u can jump the pins together under the hood on the diagnostic plug and watch the number of times the cel light flashes it will be in a series like flash 2 times then stop then flash 5 times then stop meaning code 25

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.