Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Crank Case Pressure

959 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  166666 
#1 ·
My 95 Project truck has more crank case pressure than what I think it should have. It doesn't puff, but it has just enough to slightly blow by the dipstick. I think the turbos junked, but what about the CCV? I hate to think that the motors dusted, but if I must rebuild it for a school project I guess I will. I'm going to school at SCC to be a Diesel Mechanic. Just wanted to see if there are other causes too. The truck flat moves, no shortage of power. On a side note it has become a really hard starter for some reason. It fires right up if it hasn't set for very long. Kind of like I herd of that oil draining of the injectors or something. When I got it it would fire right up. Faster than my 96, but now its slower. I've stuck less than a hundred miles on it. Thanks for any ideas.

#4 ·
I've done that. It can't blow it off. It's a steady stream. No puffs. I'm thinking about testing the turbo. Might explain why I can't get it to quit smoking. I thought it was the injectors, but it could be sending oil out the tail pipe. In the 50 miles I might have driven it it lost about 4-5 quarts of oil. Part of which was due to a hpop rail plug replacement and some other oil leaks, but not that much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.