Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

changed injector still an knock

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  OBSboy 
#1 ·
a loud knock coming from number 7 injector, replace injector still have a knock. answers?

#2 ·
The rod hates you

#4 ·
The uvch maybe? Or the wrong one

#5 ·
Does it spit oil out the deflector spout while running (with the Valve cover off)? Cheers!

#6 ·
were is the deflector spout? im thinking i put the injector in wrong too becasue now it takes forever to crank over and start. but the trucks doing the same thing is did before i replace the injector. a loud knock from the number 7 and when i unplug the injector it doesnt bog down very much compered to when i unpluged the other injectors and the knocking noise got quite but didnt go away.

#7 ·
Left side of the injector below the solenoid. Inspect the wiring for that injector as well. Cheers!

#8 ·
inspected the wire harness and its fine, but now i have a new problem the engine turns over but the truck wont start. i got it started before but now nothing. any answers?

#9 ·
make sure the oil reservoir for the high pressure pump is full...if you spin a high mileage motor much without starting it will use up all the oil for the high pressure pump and the injectors won't fire. Did the truck smoke much after swapping injectors? i ask because if an oring was damaged on install, it would bleed off reserve oil...make the truck hard to turn over and cause a skip on that cylinder.

#10 ·
have an update, i decided to pull all the injectors out and replace the o-rings, i also pulled all push rods and rocker arms. there was no bent push rods. so i still have no idea were that knock was comeing from in the begining. any answers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.