Join Date: May 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
94 OBS No Start
Hi guys, I need a little help to point me in the right direction. I'am new to the diesel world, but not to working on engines. I just picked up a 94 F-350 with a powerstroke and it suffers from the common " no start" condition. Prior owner said it died, put another fuel filter in it and it ran another week and died again. This is what I do know i have:
- has fuel in filter bowl
- builds about 35psi at shrader valve coming off fuel filter assembly when cranking
- Did not have oil in HPOP, but replaced LPOP and reservoir is now full
- Will run and die with a shot of WD-40
- ICP does have oily connector, but unsure if it's bad enough to keep it from starting.
- Disconnected ICP and still no start
- Has new CPS and tach does bounce
It seems like a fuel issue to me, but i'am unsure how to narrow down if it's the HPOP, IPR, ICP, or possibly the IDM?
Last edited by repo94; 05-03-2013 at 12:05 PM.