can't get a glow plug out!! help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 03:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can't get a glow plug out!! help!

1995 f-350 282k (this truck is new to me)
driver side first glow plug towards the grill was difficult to turn the whole way up and it stopped coming up.....the threads dont look stripped but the tip (connection tip) broke off immediately i cant seem to get it out no matter how much i twist it,and i tried grabbing it with pliers ..... all the others came out fine has this happened to anyone before????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Lots of times. May be carbon build up or a swollen tip. If you can't get it, just stay -1 GP and leave the head on.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 PM

well i got it so i could see all the threads and yanked it out....but the heater element and body is inside still (the guts) but the outter body is off it hasn't fallen into the cylinder ....any advice from this point or am i doing head gaskets from this point
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM

well if anybody looks this post up in the future pb blaster vice grips and a slide hammer did the trick push it down a little twist it and yank it out easier with the injector out
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

^^^^ +1 slide hammer. Common trick - take a needle-nose vise-grip and remove the bolt for the compounder. Find a long bolt of the same thread, put it through some kind of weight, then screw it into the vise-grip, then compound it onto what's left of the GP. The weight acts as a slide hammer.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM

very nice but now im stuck with the problem of all that carbon not letting the new glow plug in trying (its been soaking now in pb blaster for 24 hrs) is there an issue with my injector thats causing this to occur because it only happened in the #4 cylinder or has the glow plug just been dead for far too long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.