1996 7.3 crank/ no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1996 7.3 crank/ no start

I know there is a lot of threads like this along the same lines. I am to the point now where i have no what it could be. Was leaving my house Saturday and the truck cranked fine. Got halfway done the driveway and it started rough idle and then just shut off. Wouldnt crank back. I thought maybe I had ran it out of gas and there was just air in the lines, but that wasnt the problem. I had been getting a strong smell of diesel fuel the past couple weeks, and come to find out the lift pump had a leak so I replaced that and the fuel filter. thinking it was the problem. Good pressure off schrader valve. It still wouldnt crank, no white smoke or anything. I checked the icp sensor all was good. I replaced the ipr sensor still no start. The hpop reservoir has oil about an inch from the top and I pulled the line going to the head and it had good pressure. Replaced CPS still nothing. Fuel bowl fills with fuel so I know the pump is working. Changed GPR. I switched IDM from another truck still nothing. I unplugged fuel bowl heater and checked all fuses and tested them. I ran buzz test and plugged in snap on scanner and no codes and everything was communicating fine. Today when I was cranking it I could hear the injectors firing and started to get some white smoke. It fired up for about a minute then cut off. I got home from work and pulled the ts performance chip thinking maybe that was the problem still nothing. Came back out after dinner and now the WTS light wont come on and I dont hear the injectors. Check fuse 22 and 9 and all was good. So now I feel like I am worse then when I started.

I have pretty much ran out of things to check. All I can think of is maybe the pcm is bad. Other than that I have no clue. Please help if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pop the valve covers off, I bet you have a melted UVCH connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.