95 Won't Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile 95 Won't Start

Had an oil leak and fuel leak on top of block. Pulled HPOP, Fuel Filter Canister and put in new "O" rings on the HPOP Lines, Replaced the none serviceable plug, new "O" rings on IPR, dismantled the fuel filter canister cleaned and replaced"O" rings and seals, replaced the Fuel restriction sensor, new fuel hoses to the fuel pump on the fuel filter canister.

Got everthing back together (not for sure if the IPR electrical connector has a polarity preference to it or not.

Filled the oil reservoir several times and keep checking each time after cranking and filling as needed.

Still no start. Would tne heater below the fuel filter keep it from starting? Have not pulled the fuel filter back open to check fuel in bowl, but assume that it is full and turn key on and left it on to try and fill it up. But have not verified that is full.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

We have mechanical pumps, not electric so you have to crank it to fill the bowl. Check and see if the bowl is full. Odds are you will just need to crank it for a pretty long time to get it to fire. You can get a little air out and if you push the schrader valve by the FPR while you have someone crank it over. Fuel should spray out while cranking if you have any kind of pressure.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 PM

So I did check the fuel filter canister, fuel was at the bottom of the filter. Ha dI put the fuel back in there that I had drained out earlier. Running it thru a double layer of blue shop paper towels to make sure it was clean. I've cranked it until the barrteries needed recharging a couple of times. I did replace the heater below the fuel filter today. Cranked it multiple times until the battery needed recharged. I'm debating if I missed something when I put everything back together on the fuel pressure regulator. I followed the instruction that I printed off of the Diesel "O" Rigns web site. Any ideas on what to check that might restrict the fuel flow inot the filter canister?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:40 PM

JJ: Just trying to bounce stuff somebody else on my truck. I've replaced the fuel pump probably 30,000 miles ago. I t was working before I took all this other stuff off. I've filled the fuel bowl charged up the battery and still no start. Borrowed a fuel pressure tester from Autozone tonight. Not for sure about the fittings I had to used to get on the schrader valve, but had not pressure on the gauge. Have quite a bit of fuel down on the block. So don't know for sure where it is leaking down from. Think it could be leaking thru the fuel pump? Thanks for any input you can give me.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 AM

I'm not clear from your update of you managed to test for fuel pressure or if you were unable to get the gauge attached. Poor man's roadside fuel pressure tester; have someone crank the engine over while you use a little screw driver to depress the schrader valve. If fuel squirts out, good. If fuel does not squirt out, bad. Absolutely fool proof.

So have fuel leaking in the valley? It's hard enough to find fuel leaks on these when they are running, never mind not. If I was you i would be taking things apart and retracing my steps to find that fuel leak. Sounds like maybe cracked line or something...? A significant leak/air in system could explain your no start.

If it was all working till you took it apart and now it's not working after you put it back together...well...you do the math lol
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM

JJ Flash: Tried the screw drive rtest, had fuel squirt out of the schrader valve, then some air. Not for sure how long I cranked the engine befoe the batteries gave up. Think maybe I should replace the batteries so I have some good cranking time. Saw a posting where somebody was recommending having some fuel in a gas can up on the block, putting a hose in it from the fuel pump and using that to help purge the lines and engine of air. Only problem I see if there is air in the line from the engine compartment back to the tank. Thoughts? I appraciate your feed back very much.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM

JJ Flash: Put a different battery cahrger on teh pickup today. Changed the way my batteries are working. Have fuel flowing out of the schrader valve when I crank the engine, but not at what I would say is 40 PSI. Still won't start. I would think that if the truck was running it might be 40 PSI, but not cranking. Any ideas? Checked the oil in the reservoir again and filled it a little.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Is your ipr (I think it the ipr, maybe the ICP) plugged in? It's a 2 or 3 wire clip that connects low on the hpop.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 AM

It is plugged in, I pulled it off the other day to make sure I didn't have the plugged turned around the wrong way. It can only go in one way. I saw a posting (on the Ford Enthuiasts Forums) where somebody to and unplugged the "ICP sensor" and started their truck. Any thoughts? I keep second guessing if I messed and putting everything back onto the fuel filter canister correctly, but with fuel flowing out and squiritng out of the scrader, I'm a little confused. When cranking the engine should flow out or squirt out, if you are pushing in on the schrader and then start cranking the engine?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:04 AM

Sorry, been gone for a week. Did you get it started?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.