Out of ideas and no power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 02:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Out of ideas and no power

Ok, most of you know, here is my problem. Truck will start up fine, sometimes it lopes 2-4 times, sometimes it don't. It will start the same at 28* as it did today at 50*. It only cranks over 2-3 times before firing off. It will idle fine but when throttle is giving, it will not go over 2000 rpm, has no power, and throttle is slow to climb, not snappy. This is the same symtoms at cold when it is at op temp, even though at op temp it seems to have a little more power to move the truck but same thing, no boost or power and no over 2000 rpm. Here is everything I can think of and did.
- new lift pump and reseal bowl. idle psi is 60, wot needle bounces between 60 and 100
-new injector orings and gp and gpr
-ohmed injector wires from idm, all at 2.8-2.9
-continuity test on ebps, icp (good)
-new cps, black from oreilly, blue from ford, and grey from international (IH one put in today)
-idm swap with another 7.3, no problems other than he said throttle was not as snappy as his
-voltage tested tps, .4 at start, 3.9 at wot, no blank spots, steady climb in voltage
-new fuel filter, hooked a tube from fuel pump to five gallon can to eliminate pick up problems
-EBPS new and tube is cleaned and hooked up
-When hooked to the computer, the only code was for EBPS, the only thing I don't know off hand is the hpo at what percent. I am trying to get up there and get it hooked up to test everything again. Other than that, tech said everything checked out good, compression, hpop, combustion, buzz test.

I have gotten many gray hairs over the past week and still nothing. Anybody have anything? when I get it hooked back to the computer, hopefully we will either find out or I will have all the stats when running and what not. Sorry for the long post, but this is the best I can do right now. I might have forgotten something, ask please.

Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im at a loss other than pcm now
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM

I'm in similar spot, but mine will go to 3000rpm. But slow as can be getting there.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:57 PM

id guess PCM
Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM

i had the same problem years ago. new icp sensor & IDM fixed it. have you thought about the HPOP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.