No Power, shifting funny. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Power, shifting funny.

Ok, so I'm not sure which way to turn on this. Lately when I run the truck after it is warm it is hard to push past 2000 rpm. It will start fine, no smoke other than a little bit which is normal. Smoke smells like exhaust, disapates after a few minutes. New injector orings, new glups, new fuel filter, ebvc hard wired, auto, 4.10 gears, 6637 air, no intercooler. Problem is when I step on it, it kicks down then falls on its face. From a start off on a redlight, I floor it and grandma beats me with her bicycle. Not sure where to look, any ideas? Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Ok, did a map sensor test and that turned no results. I'm also leaning towards a clogged cat or muffler, but with wa laws, I have to see what the deal is with getting emissions testing done. When it is cold with only about ten to fifteen minutes to warm up, it runs great but as it warms up it has this problem of no power when requested from the skinny pedal. Makes me also think maybe an HPOP problem. Any ideas? I will research tomorrow as far as what I can do with the exhaust to test.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM

One thing I forgot to add, today going down the interstate at 60 mph on cruise, it kicked down a gear and blue a cloud of bluish/whiteish smoke. Left of the throttle and it kicked back in forth and I brought it back up to 60. No problems after. Seems like it is just getting crazy now and trying to stay calm. lol
Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 PM

It dog on take off, goes to 2k rpm and holds until I let off the gas and baby it. I can get it up to 60, 65, but if I give it too much throttle at that speed it shifts down. I have done a map test by unplugging it, put a new cps in, unplugged each valve cover harness and each had the same change. I am stumped on this one. I need to do a fuel pressure check I guess and see what that turns up. Everything seems fine, start up, idle, taking off slow other than having to let off the throttle a bit to get it to shift. During idle if I put the skinny pedal to the floor it will go up to about 2000 rpm and that is it. Almost like a safety mode. Any ideas???
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM
BANNED by Kris

What's your boost gauge say? Get under the truck and check your up pipes to make sure they are tight to the manifolds and exhaust y-pipe at the top before the turbine.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 PM

No boost gauge yet and I will check other pipes tomorrow. Also I was thinking it may be fuel filter or screen. Since I bought the truck a few weeks ago and been doing well needed maintenance on it, I have been running the front tank and making sure it has good fuel. Once it was running the way it was suppose to, I switched to the back tank to burn that fuel and get fresh fuel in it. Not long after switching ( maybe ten minutes or so) it started running funny. I ran the rest of that tank and figured it was just bad fuel, after I switched back over to the front tank it continued. Last time I cleaned the screen (after I ran the first unknown tank) it was half clogged with a metalish type substance. Once I put good fuel in the front tank, I switched the fuel filter and cleaned the screen and it seemed to run better. I am almost betting now that is my problem. I will report back tomorrow after I finish my shed as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.