EBPV??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EBPV???

Ok guys, been doing a lot of work to the truck and slowly replacing fluids and checking on leaks and get it up to par. Lord only knows how the PO took care of this truck and even he is shaking his head. Anyway, so tonight I changed the HPOP oil, read a large thread about it and it was 50/50. I thought well, it can't hurt at 263000 miles. Mind you I did the main oil change just recently, and the HPOP was slightly darker than what was on the dipstick, but not enough to get crazy about. I believe it is circulating like the schematics say it should. I also cleaned the screen on the fuel pressure regulator side of the bowl and it was half clogged up with gunk. Cleaned that out and replaced it. Still have the problem when in idle and I push the go pedal down, it revs up to about 2-2.5 and then has problems going higher, if I let off completely, she will stall. I am almost done with my first tank of fresh fuel and it is looking to average maybe 10-12 mpg driving 50/50 hwy /city, driving like a granny and only topping at 60 mph. I am starting to believe my EBPV is not opening to allow me to get more boost and better mpg. I do not have a boost gauge, so I can't give any detail on that, but it just seems I should have more power under the hood. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. My next plan is to do the GPs and injector rings, but this will need planning since I need a garage and a full day. Shoot your thoughts, thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can unplug the EBPV by the turbo inlet and see if it clears up, do this with the key OFF
Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 PM

So if I'm understanding this thing right, when the motor and power is shut off, the EBPV opens up due to spring inside, but when the ignition is turned on, the PCM detects temp by other sensors and shuts the valve. Is this correct? I will do this tomorrow and report back. Can you anyone give a better description to where this plug is? I seen a plug today that on the drivers side of the turbo where the pedastal, looked to be a two wire. Is this it? Does anyone know the colors of the wire? Thanks again.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Full A-Team Member

There are 2 plugs under the turbo inlet, one goes to the VC gasket, the other is the 2 wire EBPV plug, unplug it with the truck off, no you will not hurt anything running it this way
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Two-wire weatherpack plug near the driver's side of the turbo. Wires should be grey with red trace and black with pink trace. Cheers!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:14 PM

Excellant, thank you so much ya'll. I am going out here in a few minutes to try it. I can't wait until tomorrow. Hopefully this changes things. I will get back here within the hour to report.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM

Somebody beat it with a stick and RELEASED THE BEAST !!!!! Now she feels like a turbo charged diesel, not a sluggish tortoise. The little hill that is by my house, I was lucky to get 35 at the top and the it would stall when I left off the throttle, just a few minutes ago I hit 55 and it didn't stall when I left off. I actually broke the tires loose turning onto another road. I knew them things had more power. Now is a good time cuz I will fill up tomorrow, get my mpgs and fill another tank and compare. Thanks so much guys.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Full A-Team Member

Awesome when things are easy for a change
Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 PM

That is for sure. We aren't done yet, still need to do a tranny fluid change with filter, rear diff change, new injector orings and new GPs. After all that, I will know when all the fluids were last changed, what was used and the semi stats of the truck. Then it will be on to modding it up. Any suggestions on the above list?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Full A-Team Member

Motorcraft ZD-11 GP's and add a Stancor glow plug relay to the list, that way your GP system will be healthy for many many years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.