95 7.3 won't rev passed 1200RPM - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok that looks good, now do I remove both the up pipes at the collector and not underneath the truck correct? All data and Mitchell's is telling me to remove the pipes under the truck.. Let me know thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

Nope, pulling the two bolts and two nuts off the turbo to y-pipe will separate the turbo system from the exhaust system. See this picture. The flange at the top of the picture is not threaded but this is where the two bolts and two nuts attach the housing to the exhaust y-pipe.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok so I got the two top bolts on the turbo out with out an issue now I just need to get the two bottom ones out which on the drivers side seems impossible nothing seems that I can fit it in there.. I may need to buy something or some damn help.. This is a pain in the a$$.. At least it will be done soon enough hopefully any tricks for the bottoms

Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM

Did you get a stubby wrench and it still won't fit? I can also reach the (geez I know where peoples minds are going to go with this one) nuts from under the truck and around the tranny. Yep, the first removal sucks. All of us on here have had to do it and a lot of times it results in getting out the torch and welder to make your own tools.

Just keep at it.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Also, different brands of tools put the 12 boxed and in different rotations relative to the neck of the tool. Try a different brand.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the help big fuel, I borrowed a crows foot from a friend of mine I have been pretty busy but I am hoping to pull the turbo out tomorrow or the next day. The ebpv is off and the two top turbo bolts are out, just need the two bottom and the 4 pedestal bolts.. Hopefully it works out... I will keep you posted thanks!!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok so I finally got a chance to take a look at the turbo and well the bottom bolts don't seem to be 15mm the crows foot seems to slip off or strip them, they are not breaking loose?? The bolts were being sprayed down with PB blaster 1 day before every couple hours, the top two came out with out an issue.. We tried putting 14mm on them and it seems too big? So we tried a 13mm and too smal, 9-16" too big? So I have no idea where to go from here? Any advice would help greatly thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.