Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Very weird low power after warm up

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Splashin 
#1 ·
My truck starts and idles just fine and when i first start it when its completely cold and take off it runs/shifts perfectly. Once the truck actually warms up it seems to start to skip and not fire correctly and it even messes up my shifting by jamming into gear or studder as it shifts! i was wondering maybe a bad HPOP? the trucks a 97 PSD f250.

#2 ·
You may have an internal HP Oil System leakage once the oil warms and gets thinner. Of course, it could come from many places (IPR o-rings, ICP, Injector o-rings (top set)). Look to see if there is oil in the ICP connection. Cheers!

#7 ·
Injection Pressure Regulator. It is a solenoid valve that is controlled by the truck's computer to regulate the High Pressure Oil System pressure. It is located on the back of the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP). The rectangular box on the top front of the engine is the HPOP Reservoir and the HPOP and IPR are on the back down towards the bottom of the valley. Cheers!

#8 ·
cleaned fpr screen?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.