Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 67 Times in 65 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Usually you need to pull the engine to do the cover and/or oil pan. Here's the steps out of the factory service manual:
Engine Front Cover
1. Remove the engine. Refer to «Engine -- Automatic Transmission» or «Engine -- Manual Transmission» in the Removal and Installation portion of this section.
2. Remove the water pump (8501). Refer to «Water Pump» in the Removal and Installation portion of this section.
3. Remove the crankshaft vibration damper (6316). Refer to «Crankshaft Damper» in the Removal and Installation portion of this section.
4. Remove the oil pan (6675) and oil pump screen cover and tube (6622).
5. Remove the four engine front cover bolts.
6. Remove the engine front cover (6019) and the two engine front cover gaskets (6020).
7. Clean the engine front cover, oil pan and cylinder block mating surfaces.
1997 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, External Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed
SOLD - 1994 F350 CC DRW 2WD PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, DPPI DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer Overhead Console, A-Pillar w/ISSPRO Black Ice, EV Boost, and EV Pyro, Modified Pedestal, Gutted EBPV.