Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck shut off need help

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  jesilvas 
#1 ·
My 96 just shut off cruising down the road with no warning. The ABS light has been on for the past couple weeks on and off. I checked the codes, had a cps code and a icp code. I put a new cps and 2 different icps in and nothing, I even tried it with the icp unhooked. Then I found a burnt injector harness, it is burnt out side the valvecover in the main harness. How do you get this connector apart and are there parts available to fix it? It still wouldn't start with that plug unplugged and the gp wire pulled out of the plug, any ideas on what else might be going on?

#5 ·
WTS is on, the tach comes up to maybe 200 rpm and doesn't move while cranking, no smoke. I looked over the fuses under the hood and didn't see anything, any of them in particular to double check? anybody have a part number for the pigtail kit? Can you get it anywhere other then ford?

#10 ·
i had all 4 harnesses burn in mine due to bad glow plugs. replace the plugs , glow plugs and valve cover harnesses and all will be good. when i did that it solved all kinds of issues.

#13 ·
Cam sensor is a cam sensor, as long as it's for a 7.3 and an IH or Ford sensor.
Ford is probably the only one who sells that piece. Why do you want one? Just fab some 4" stuff up to fit there.
Do you think this is related to your UVCHs? Just fix them first, then if you still have issues, keep going from there.

#16 ·
2 different ford dealers gave me 2 different cam sensors and I put one it, just wondering what would happen if it were the wrong one. What for 4" stuff should I use to fab one up? Is riffraff's hose silicon, should I rerout crankcase gases before installing?

#17 ·
#18 ·
I think I have all my connections fixed up, but it still doesn't make any attempt at starting? How much fuel pressure should I have at the schrader valve and how long should it take to make it? Is there a volume test from there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.