Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ideas? Rough idle, no power.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Frozen Redneck 
#1 ·
Changed all 8 GP's last night and put new UVCH on the Drivers side last night, got it all put together, fired it up, it was idling rough and smoking, symptom of the little oil in the cylinder, no big deal. I left if for a bit but you wouldn't clear up, I got under the truck to check for leaks, it's pouring oil out of the Uppipe on the drivers side, and only the drivers side. It's still smoking very blue and running really rough. Ideas anybody? I though turbo maybe, but I don't have my boost gauge yet. :tard: Turbo feels tight and doesn't have any play, the air intake tube is also full of oil.. :dunno:

#4 ·
It ended up being some messed up wiring. I had the harnesses backwards... :hehe: The leak was just a bad uppipe leak and the oil that had leaked into the cylinder from the GP install was leaking out there instead of getting burnt because there was no fuel in the left bank of cylinders because they weren't hooked up... Woops.:look:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.