Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

95 PSD wont start when hot

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  madpogue 
#1 ·
working on a 95 psd 4x4 dually auto. so my brother pulled into the gas station to fill up. filled the truck up and when he went to leave it would not start. had it towed to our shop to work on it. that same day we changed the fuel filter after the fact and still wouldnt start. let it sit over night and the next morning it fired right up. got it warmed up and shut it off and wouldnt start again. ordered seals for the ipr and bought a new cps. the next morning with motor cold i put the new cps in and changed the seals on the ipr. fired it up and my brother took it for a spin and it died on him on the drive. we've check all fuses and unpluged the fuel bowl heater. what else could possibly be bad on it? were do we go from here? any help would be appreciated.

#6 ·
update im still having issues , but seems the problem escalated , so after i replaced the ipr o rings , and cps , it started up and ran took around the block coupld times it then died on me as i coming to a stop sign , it was as if someone shut the key off, so we towed it back to shop let it sit overnight went back in next morning tried to start cold and wouldnt start cold now. So now im not able to fire her up at all. I have replace the fuel pressure Screen (old one was brittle and clogged)

What could my problem be now?

#10 ·
Not sure how well that would work. Yea, you'd cool off the HPOP but all the oil in the rails, the injectors, and all the oil that the LPOP would send to the HPOP reservoir would be hot, and you're right back where you started.

No start hot, dying hot, etc. are usually high pressure oil issues, since the oil gets too thin at those temps. Might be ICP or IPR.
Last oil change was when?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.