Newb with a new project - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newb with a new project

Ok new here, im pretty good with motorcycles and gasoline engines. I have a 96 f250 4x4 5spd. i just got a 96 f350 4x4 auto crew cab not running. it has 143xxx miles. newer hpop,fuel pump, cps, thats all i can remember.The Previous owner said that the fuel heater was shorting out, and shut off. he disconnected it and replaced fuse but still nothing. so i switched the pcm, and idm off my f250 to find nothing, as i was fiddling with my test light my probe hit the ac compressor and lit up, turns out there was a short within the #1 fuse which is the radio, took the radio out, no more short. the horn doesnt work, but the relay gets warm, i fiddled with the horns this guy had hooked up and they start blaring right in my ear. so now i have disconnected the relay to fix that problem later. i did give her some ether, and it did start(i know bad but , now im sure it runs) i have checked some random connections, the f350 vs my running f250 and i havent found anything wrong.

Truck spits out very little smoke hardly any. wts comes on, 20lbs of fuel pressure. the fuel bowl is full, and no air is coming out of shader valve by the fuel bowl. rpm gauge comes up when cranking, batterys are good and turns it fast enough

Lmk where i should check next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

20psi for fuel pressure? I'd say that's a SLIGHTLY low. Should add about 30psi to get a start in the right area that the fuel pressure needs to be in. Your fuel pump could be going bad, how does the fuel bowl look when you pull the filter out?

Also please no more ether. Things with glow plugs like to go boom with that stuff.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Ok, so i got it running, took it to a place down the street, they pulled some codes and discovered there was a dissconnected wire. Runs great, it pull hard. The only thing is the trans. when i first got it running i took it for a spin and the od light was blinking, found the wire going to the VSS split in 2. Now the truck apears to be in limp mode? I hooked it up to a code reader at advanced auto, but no codes where found. from reasearch, there code readers dont pick up everything on these trucks? i tried disconnecting the batteries for 1 hour, didnt fix the prob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.