P1316 misfire on and off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P1316 misfire on and off

today my truck threw a check engine light and i noticed a misfire then i tried to pull out onto freeway and then it turned into a massive misfire and couldn't get over 40 but i don't want to rev over 2000 rpms just in case something was really really wrong. so i pulled over to hope it was because of it being cold and wasn't wanting to fire for some reason. After sitting for about 5 min. the light was turning on and off at idle so i then tried pulling back into traffic started misfiring again but not as bad as it was before. drove 9 miles at 60 mph then sat at a traffic light. it stopped misfiring again i took off from light was running just fine for about an 1/8 mile and randomly misfired off and on for 1 1/2 miles then went around a round about and then never misfired till i got home and that was about 10 miles. anyone have an idea. maybe the valve cover plug? don't know the correct name for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
$.50 Mod Pics and Rocker Arm Torque Specs: 50 cent mod - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
To check for burnt pins: UVCH burned center pin - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Old 02-25-2012, 06:55 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

under valve cover harness, valve covers need to come off to check the plug . search this forum for 50 cent mod. while your in there, check the 4 screws on the injector solenoids , make sure there tight. make sure the glow plug and injector connections are good
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How easy is it to take off valve covers?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

Patience and time, start off by saying a couple swear words and then think. The hardest bolts to get out are the ones in back and along the bottom pass side ,I get these 2 from the wheel well, my truck has a 2 " lift so theres more room to get in there. An assortment of long and short extensions and a swivel will get the job done .It gets easier after you do it once.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So found the problems. One the driver side injector harness was broke before and someone that owned the truck before me hot glued it back together so that caused the misfire once it started to come unplugged and also caused the glow plugs not to turn on. I also replaced the starter and now it starts very well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.