de-aeration valve? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 03:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
de-aeration valve?

So I am lost. My new motor wont start. I can't get oil from the lpop to the hpop res. Since my truck is a 95 I thought that the de-aeration valve may had fallen out. Once the cover was off the valve was not there. It doesnt look like my cover ever had one the spot where the valve goes is a machined hole with no threading. The truck has a new lpop new adrenaline hpop and the engine was just rebuilt. HELP I don't know what else t do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The deaeration valve was inserted in the front cover beginning with engine serial number 201681 through 375549. I'm assuming your Adrenaline has the anti-drainback feature that a 95 would need? Do you know if the IPR is powering up? Cheers!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 PM

The story behind the truck is I melted the #5 piston 2 years ago. I went rounds and rounds with this damn thing. I finally pulled the motor and did a full rebuild with stage 1s adrenaline hpop new lpop ford rebuild kit. I got the truck up and running after the new motor and had a hard start after the truck sat for more then 8 hours. Then if the truck sat longer then a day or two it would not start. I would fill the hpop res and crank it and it would run for a few seconds then die. I cranked the motor with the res cap off and oil does not come out the top. I took it to a shop and they thought it was the valve in the timing cover not letting it start. So I pulled the motor took off the front cover and the picture I found where the valve should be the spot was machined smooth like there is not supposed to be a plug or anything.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How long was it running? It takes quite awhile to get the air out of the HP Oil System, especially if you not running it hard (which I assume you're doing on a new motor). Is the IPR new or your old one? If old, maybe it's sticking? Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.