Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Codes P01280 and P0603

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  OldIronMike 
#1 ·
Hi All,
This past week I replaced my leaking lift pump in the valley of the engine.
I drove it a few miles that day and it was fine, the next day drove to work with no problems. Started up to leave and Chevk engine light came on, then went off within 1 min. Next day I was going down the highway and it came on again and stayed on. My friend hooked up his modis and got the codes
P0603 and P01280.
Now I have been driving this truck for about a year, and this is the first bit of engine work I have had to do, never had the engine light before.
Im thinking its possible I just jarred some wires loose or disturbed some connectors. Icp sensor possibly bad?
What do you think?

#2 ·
I'm assuming you have code P1280, as opposed to P01280? One too many digits in the second one.
Given the CEL came on immediately after working in the valley, I'd suspect a connection got jarred loose during the work.
For the PO603, this is simply a KAM (Keep Alive Memory) code. Any chance you've had a dead battery, or unhooked the batteries recently? This code won't throw a CEL, so chances are it has been stored for a while.
P1280 is a ICP code, meaning low or uncontrollable ICP. My first guess would be to check connection to ICP. If this checks out good, also check IPR connections before throwing any parts at it.

#3 ·
backwoodsboy;

Yes, sorry too many digits:eek:...
P0603 makes sence now as a week prior I replaced all battery treminals and had both batteries disconnected. So thats that.
Today Im going to check and clean all the connectors under the hood, see if that does't help.
Thanks

#4 ·
Well the problem is still intermitten, very strange. I found a good electrical test procedure for the IPC sensor Im going to try tomorrow.
Of the 3 wires to the sensor one should read 5v to ground, one is a ground, and the third should read between .15 and .25v KOEO. The voltage should build as the engine is started and is reved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.