Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

hpop/culprit of oil leak?

998 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  garyeco 
#1 ·
I noticed oil leaking on my 94.5 F-350 5-speed the other day,badly! After finally tracing it down to the HPOP, I'm left with a problem.Is it usually just o-rings or some thing else. If it is some thing other than o-rings, what's the best way of taking it out.Last week was the oil cooler o-rings( not fun) and now this! Anyway I'm just whining,but a shout-out if anybody has had an oil from the HPOP would help. I can't really see where it's leaking from the fittings or the body. Thanks

#2 ·
I'd get some brake cleaner and clean everything as good as you can. Then with an inspection mirror and flashlight run it and see if you can locate the leak. I had one of the o-rings on the fittings blow out (leaks a lot of oil when that happens). It could also leak from the gasket, the IPR (on the back of the HPOP) or plug on the back. Me, I tend to remove the fuel bowl and then remove the HPOP (or IPR) and clean everything, replace fuel hoses, etc., but it can be done without removing the fuel bowl. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.