EBPS fitting broken - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EBPS fitting broken

well i notice i had an exhaust leak for awhile now and could never find it until i notice the EBPS fitting on the manifold rotted an i guess broke off so i only have a stub on the manifold. Is it possible to just weld it shut or something? i have the EBPV dissconnected an not using it so i dont need that sensor from what ive read.

So i need some opinions on the best way to cap fix this. also with that sensor not reading right could it cause my truck to run funny? Lately is has been acting up and seems like its not running at full power some days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 02:56 PM

any ideas? weld it up maybe JB weld it shut i dont know what to do
Old 02-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can you get the remaining part out and use an NPT plug? Cheers!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:02 PM

I see in your sig that you're running customs tunes. Not sure about TW off the top of my head, but I know some tuners use EBPS to dictate fuel mapping. Have you noticed any decrease in performance since disabling the sensor?

Could try using an NPT plus, as mentioned. Or check out a junk yard and see if you can find a truck with the fitting intact. I doubt they'd charge you much for robbing an EBPS fitting off a manifold....if they even notice at all. This would allow you to have a funtioning EBPS
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 AM

Ya actually my truck does fall on its face under load on hard accelerating like its defueling. No what's left on the manifold is like a rusty stub its like I'd have to cut the rest off n try re drilling an tappin it to allow for a new EBPS fitting or replace the manifold is there anyway to fool that sensor to see if that's causing my truck to fall on its face for a couple seconds? Cuz right now its just readin outside air since the tube is broken off the manifold.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM

You could try one of these:

"dfuser Sensors and Sensor Eliminators for PowerStroke 7.3L" (about 3/4 down the page you'll find them)

"SP Diesel Exhaust Backpressure Sensor Eliminator"

I'm sure there's others out there as well. Cheers!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:14 PM

Ok ya ill have to try one of those eliminator kits. I just don't know what to do with the hole in the manifold, its cast I take it so it won't weld very well. I would think JB weld would just blow out cuz it wouldn't hold up. It would be a pain to change out the manifod, I could try heating the little stub up n twist it out cuz then I can put a plug in it. Just a tight spot to try n fit a torch into
Old 02-16-2012, 05:21 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Try to get the line unscrewed from the plug in the manifold. Lots of PB Blaster/heat may be needed.

If it comes off you can run a new line. If you want to, you can install a new fitting in the exhaust manifold.

It is a 1/4" MNPT x 5 MJIC. I have the Parker number if you need it at the shop. Otherwise you can just go to a hydraulic shop and ask for that and they will give it to you if you describe it like that.

Depending on the tuning, it may or may not be needed.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDDING View Post
Ya actually my truck does fall on its face under load on hard accelerating like its defueling. No what's left on the manifold is like a rusty stub its like I'd have to cut the rest off n try re drilling an tappin it to allow for a new EBPS fitting or replace the manifold is there anyway to fool that sensor to see if that's causing my truck to fall on its face for a couple seconds? Cuz right now its just readin outside air since the tube is broken off the manifold.
If it feels like it's defueling, I'd say running the sensor would be a good call.
Can't remember who, or where, but I recall reading one of the reputable tuners advising against those EBPS foolers.
I'm assuming it would be better than a disconected sensor, or a sensor reading atmospheric pressure, but a functioning EBPS would be ideal.

Last edited by backwoodsboy; 02-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know with swamps tuning, we are fine just blocking it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.