Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Perfect fuel pressure at Idle, no pressure driving. I'm Stumped!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Patrick Feeley 
#1 ·
My truck is a 95, I've read and read and read everything I can and I'm fairly decent workin on powerstrokes. However this is my first obs. i can get it to prime up and idle perfect, I let it all from 11pm Saturday night till 1030am Sunday and never missed a lick but as soon as you drive it, it loses pressure. 50+psi idle 0 after driving it 5 minues. I have put 2 new fuel pumps on it, new cps, new ipr, new orfice vent kit, new fuel filter, all new hoses and I've pulled the fuel bowl and cleaned all the ports. I have good oil pressure according to the dash and the hpop doesn't loose prime. The fuel filter light comes on and flashes sometimes. I am completly stumped. Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I dropped the tank and the screen on the pick up tube was busted to pieces and floating around the bottom of the tank. I changed one out off a parts truck, didn't make a difference. I did hook an electric pump I have off a SD parts truck I have and it seemed to struggle pulling fuel from the tank selector back. And seemed to be pulling air aswell. Last night I ran a straight piece of fuel hose from the front tank pick up to the steel line bypassing the selector and all. As soon as the rain goes away ill go try to run it and see if it fixed my problem.

The orfice vent kit is the little screen and 3 orings on the side of the fuel bowl after the fuel pressure regulator.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Does your fuel bowl setup have the "smaller bowl" under the fuel pressure regulator (if its a 95 it should)? If it does, there is a sock-type screen in there that you can clean. If it has the hard line into the bottom of the regulator (usually later ones), there is a mesh screen under the plate held in by a circlip that can plug. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.