Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turns over but no start!!!HELP

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bispo529 
#1 ·
Hey all, i have a 97 PSD with 220000 on it. it ran fine for a long time but last time it only ran for many a minute and then spuddered and died, sounded like it ran out of fuel. i pulled it into the shop and wasn't getting fuel out of lines and the tanks where full. i suspected the mechanical fuel pump so i changed it....not a fun job since i had to pull the turbo for the first time. got it all put back to together and it fired and ran real rough for 5 seconds then died. ive crancked it over several times since for 20 secs but no go. i have the wait to start light and my tach reads when i crank it over. do i need to prime it in a certain way or are there fuses and sensors that could have caused the problem in the first place. I guess i should mention that it has a greasecar system on it so some of the fuel lines are farkeld a bit and the diesel fuel bowl is under vacuum not pressure so no pressure test is available. Any help would be great. Also its in a semi heated gargage/shop so cold shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again

#2 ·
I'm also having a similar problem, I rebuilt my 7.3 got fuel I'm the bowel and oil pressure but no fire, what you could try if your not getting fuel is take a air hose and pressure up your tank and air will come up through your filter housing and will work the air out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.