runs rough after injector oring replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
runs rough after injector oring replacement

Ok so i just replaced alot of stuff on my truck. Replaced the transmission, clutch, pilot bearing, and clutch release bearing. Replaced the injector cups and injector orings as well. After the injector orings were replaced and i got the truck running again it ran great. Never ran as good since iv had the truck. Started up and ran great for the rest of that day. Now it will start just fine but wont run worth **** until its at operating temps. Barely has any power and almost stalls when i go to take off in first gear or reverse. Could this be because the orings havnt had enough time to seat or oil hasnt had enough time to get where its supposed to be. Iv only driven the truck 10miles since the replacement. Please help. im about ready to give up on the truck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You may still have air in the HP oil system. Sometimes taking it out for a good hard run does wonders for that (it may take a few of them). Cheers!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok so i still have the problem. have drove it for about 75 miles now. Its really weird because when i start it for the first time of the day it will run like crap for miles and miles. today it got all the way up to operating temp and still ran like crap. Then i shut the truck off. went inside and ate. came back out and started the truck up and it ran perfect. I also noticed oil leaking from somewhere in the front of the engine. havnt had a chance to search for it. Does the hpop leak when it goes bad like a water pump? would a weak hpop cause this problem? or could it be leaking from a line or fitting feeding the injectors causing the injectors to not get the right amount of oil to actuate the injector? im completely stumped. it did something similiar to this before i changed out the orings on the injectors but it wasnt as severe and didnt last as long. im stumped. any help would be apreciated. having swamps build me some injectors next weekend so i wanna try to get this figured out before then
Old 01-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

oil seems to be leaking down front driver side head
Old 09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Premium Member

sounds familiar to when my HPOP went out, i would get a scangauge2 and monitor oil temp and icp, ipr numbers. if your oil cooler is plugged you will kill your HPOP. eot vs coolant temp should be within five degrees or you got a problem. try a thinner oil like 10-40 for sticktion vs FICM issues aslo. look on utube for FICM test great and easy, FICM could cause all this and is commen. hope that helps
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you have a 7.3 please disregard the above comment about FICM, as far as I know it is only on 6.0 diesels. I know for a fact they are not on 94-97 OBS 7.3s and almost certainly not on a 99-03 7.3.

Sometimes the air is a issue for a while. I'd personally just run it real good to try and expedite that time.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

oops my bad was reading through 6.0 threads and didn't realize was 7.3 yes disreguard my last. good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.