Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Won't start

972 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Aw9414 
#1 ·
This morning I was going to go to the store but after idling for 15 mins. I came back out side and there was a puddle of oil about 7inchs in diameter. so I cheeked the oil and it was about 2 half quarts low. so i put some oil in and parked it and took another. this after noon I had to go unload a storage shed and took it gat about 7 miles down the road and it started skipping real bad so I parked And checked the oil and it was all bubbley it and had it towed home now it will not Start. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
You need to fix the oil leak first .the injectors are fired by high oil pressure and when you loose the amount you state the injectors will not fire with aerated oil .
Each cylinder head has a plug in the rear that can blow an o ring and the oil cooler located underneath the left exhaust manifold has been known to leak this time of year .One more place you should check are the oil lines from the HPOP ,they are near the fuel bowl .
The beauty of these engines ,it's almost impossible to burned the internals from lack of oil as you found out .

#3 · (Edited)
I looked for about an hour and half and can't find where the leak was coming from. there is oil all the was up on the brake booster. I was think I has to be a hose I just couldn't see but I looked every where there was oil and wouldn't it have to be spraying to to get on the bottom of the break booster?

I am going to look in to the oil cooler tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.