Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injector removal problem

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Patrick Feeley 
#1 · (Edited)
So i am removing my injectors to install new orings on them. Had missing problems, long starting, heavy blue smoke, and fuel or oil getting in my coolant. I have owned the truck for 2 years and my brother has owned it before me for about 2 years. He had to replace 2 injectors due to split tips. Other than that they have never been messed with. I was reading somewhere on this site about the obs injector orings having a tendency to go bad. So i decided to change them. Pulled the first injector and the injector cup/sleeve came out with the injector. I have never pulled a injector sleeve before but im pretty sure they arent suppose to come out like that. So i moved on to the next injector, pulled it out and it looked like there was burnt, caked up oil all around where the injector sleeve sits on the injector. Which is maybe the reason why the first injector sleeve came out with the injector. So my question is. Do i need the injector cup install tool to install the cups? I dont wanna have to buy or rent one for just one cup. If i need the tool im just gonna go ahead and replace them all. which i really should anyways. I had 2 other injectors that looked like there was slight rust around where the sleeve sits on the injector. Is that where coolant has got to them?

#2 ·
You do need the tool to install them. If you were getting fuel in the coolant, it was coming from the cups. I would probably replace them all at this point.Give Jim at Rosewood Diesel a call as he sells a kit for the job. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.