Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cold start issues

754 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jesilvas 
#1 ·
My '95 PSD has some slow start issues. About a year ago, I changed out all the glow plugs and it helped some, but I still have to keep the engine heater plugged up at night to ensure a quick start the next day, or I can expect to sit for fifteen minutes cycling the WTS light before I get a start. When I changed glow plugs, I had one that I never could get out because of carbon build up, so it was left as is and I went with 7 new ones instead of 8. I pulled codes today and the only thing I got was P1111 Pass Code. Nothing else, so I'm not sure why I'm still having such a slow start issue with this truck. I have a '04 6.0L and it starts fine on the same mornings the 7.3 gives me trouble.

#2 ·
I couldn't find that P1111 so :dunno:
Ok, there's a sticky on checking the GPs and GPR for proper operation. Go read it and test that stuff, then go from there. Then, your UVCHs supply power to the GPs so I'd check them too for good connections, burnt connection pins, and chaffed wiring.
Then, what weight oil are you using?
Also, the GPs stay on for almost two more minutes after the WTS light goes off, not just with the light.
Good batteries? 850CCA minimum. Good connections? Starter good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.