Rough idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough idle

I have a '94 F350 5 speed. added a CPR fuel system, Adrenaline HPOP, H2e turbo, Swamps 200/30 injectoers, DP Tuner F6. Tried starting it up the other day and have had nothing but trouble. It idles really rough like its not firing on all 8 cylinders and wont stay running through a cylinder contribution test. and as far as I can tell all the injectors seem to be squirting out the same ammount of oil. Tried unplugging each pair of injectors one at a time and could'nt really notice any difference in the way it idled.
Fuel pressure holds 60 lbs, checked high pressure oil pressure and it's good, has a new high volume LPOP, changed IDMs, new VC gaskets and harnesses under the VC, Plugs on the outside of the VC look good not burnt, changed CPS with the "new and improved blue sensor" and then to another regular sensor, unplugged the chip, changed oil and filter, tried a different ICP sensor, changed IPR nothing is helping
I'm thinking it has to be and injector but don't know how to tell which one it is they are all brand new so I'm out of ideas and patience. Not sure where to go next any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Did you check fuel pressure? Did it run long enough to purge the HPOP? Is your tuner a custom burn to your truck? Just asking the obvious first.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea it holds 60 lbs of fuel pressure. the chip is custom but I unplugged the chip and it didn't make any difference. I drove it about 15 miles and it seems to get worse as the truck warms up
Old 01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have you pulled the valve covers to make sure you didn't accidentally unplug an injector? Did that once changing glow plugs and it took me forever to figure out what happened

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yea checked that and even had it running with the valve covers off to try to see if any injector didn't have as much oil coming out but no luck
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I believe you may be having the same problem as me. Have you checked the pressure in your hpop? Mine is currently at 3800 psi at an idle and the shop is telling me that I have debris in the front cover or hpop resevoir. Just check pressure with a mechanical gauge or you can check it with a scanner. Could also be IPR
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it idles at about 900 psi. I've had the resivor off and cleaned it out good and cleaned the ipr twice and still no change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.