few minor issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
few minor issues

Ok im posting this because i havent actually looked at it yet just seeing if anyone has any ideas.

I have a 97 f-250 7.3, at idle it has the tendoncy to fluxuate in rpm. only by about 100 rpm not much. i alsohave a fuel leak on the back side of the passenger side head. it appears to be the fuel return line but im not posative. any other thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Emergency Services

ok i have looked into my fuel leak further. all of my rubber lines were replaced when i changed the lift pump. i still have this leak on the back of the block running down in between the trans and the flex plate. i thought it was either the return line on the back of the head or the two plastic gaskets for the lift pump return.. when i check out the truck niether one is leaking but let the truck idle in the same spot for 20 minutes and there is about 1 quart of fuel on the ground... i have taken a scope and looked all around the block and cannot find a thing... anyone have anyh other ideas.. it is driving me crazy cuz i go through about 100 gallons of fuel a week...
Old 01-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

When you replaced the pump you did new banjo bolt gaskets right? I know it may seem like a dumb question but I gotta ask. Is there any fuel in the valley or is it strictly from the back of the motor?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Emergency Services

No I did not replace the gaskets. They looked good and not groves or anything... its just coming from the back of the block somewhere

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Emergency Services

There is very little in the valley... the little bit that was left over from when I changed all the fuel hoses and the lift pump... its just damp nothing more

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's a start at least. I haven't been behind the head yet to fix a fuel leak but i'm sure somebody will chime in and help. Just remember there is a hole at the back of the valley that allows everything to drain back through there.

Is there anyway you can crawl back there or use a mirror to see?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.