Wont start/ Oil leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wont start/ Oil leak

Hi my names Austin. Heres my truck:

My truck wont start(intermitendly) and theres oil leaking around the front crossmember and around the power steering pump/vacume pump area. Any ideas if the two are related? im starting to lose allot of oil. My oil pressure gauge isnt working so thats no help. any ideas how i could diagnose that to? it turns on and off with the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Wont start/ Oil leak-390811_2575340701260_1186612583_32464032_1002176410_n-1-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There are oil plugs in the front and rear of the heads where the hpop oil runs for the injectors. There are o-rings on the plugs that can blow out and cause the problem. You will have to remove the accesory mount to see it on the driver side. If its that plug then it wont build enough hp oil to start the truck.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460+ View Post
There are oil plugs in the front and rear of the heads where the hpop oil runs for the injectors. There are o-rings on the plugs that can blow out and cause the problem. You will have to remove the accesory mount to see it on the driver side. If its that plug then it wont build enough hp oil to start the truck.
I had a feeling it was one of those seals i hear you guys talk about sometimes. Is the accesory mount just a mount bolted to the block for an extra belt driven utility or something?
Old 01-07-2012, 05:01 PM

So i found out what happened. Heres the story: i took off my ac compressor to check the front driver side oil rail end plug. Checked it and no oil came out of the plug. I looked allot closer and discovered it was my oil cooler that was leaking. Did some research and discovered that the seals leak when it was cold but as the truck warmed they expanded and sealed up, atsacly matching my symtoms. As for not starting sometimes, ive traced that to the batteries. Turned out listening to a subwoofer real loud with the car off drains the batteries pretty good haha

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.