Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wont start/ Oil leak

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  F-350CC7.3 
#1 ·
Hi my names Austin. Heres my truck:

My truck wont start(intermitendly) and theres oil leaking around the front crossmember and around the power steering pump/vacume pump area. Any ideas if the two are related? im starting to lose allot of oil. My oil pressure gauge isnt working so thats no help. any ideas how i could diagnose that to? it turns on and off with the battery.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There are oil plugs in the front and rear of the heads where the hpop oil runs for the injectors. There are o-rings on the plugs that can blow out and cause the problem. You will have to remove the accesory mount to see it on the driver side. If its that plug then it wont build enough hp oil to start the truck.

#4 ·
So i found out what happened. Heres the story: i took off my ac compressor to check the front driver side oil rail end plug. Checked it and no oil came out of the plug. I looked allot closer and discovered it was my oil cooler that was leaking. Did some research and discovered that the seals leak when it was cold but as the truck warmed they expanded and sealed up, atsacly matching my symtoms. As for not starting sometimes, ive traced that to the batteries. Turned out listening to a subwoofer real loud with the car off drains the batteries pretty good haha :p

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.