Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No crankin and batteries dieing

757 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr-Toche85-95 
#1 ·
My story of horror begins when i replace the glow plugs and no star i replace the gpr same thing check the starter motor and replace the internal part except 4 the solenoid and even replace the ignition coil right side on the fender i do something wrong !! can show some pics of how the ignition coil is connected my truck is a f-350 crew cab dually auto tranny a/c power windows and door locks please anyone help !:dunno::(

#3 · (Edited)
What did you replace the GPR with (stock or aftermarket)? If aftermarket, you need to make sure the unit you used is a "case-isolated" type of relay. If it is a "case-grounded" type of relay (such as a starter relay), the glowplugs will not turn off. On my 97, the starter relay has a smaller gauge red wire on one large post and all the other larger gauge wires (red, doubled gray (or maybe white) and doubled green wires ... the doubled ones may be the fusible links) on the other large post. Cheers!

#4 ·
no i order the gpr in the international navistar local dealer !! so the gave me the rigth replace ! but i think i got the problem !!! b´cos i try with another starter and start pretty fine maybe the solenoid in the starter motor is the problem ! i will check thanks for the info happy new year cheers!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.