Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck Finally Died

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jrcrane1 
#1 ·
Well I was on my way home from work and it just flat quit with no warning. Restarted several times to get it turned around on the highway and limped back to town after about 5 or six restarts and feathering the pedal. Parked and took the business van home. 2 days later on first day off tried to start but no go. AE posted the CPS bad codes so changed with the spare, no go, bought another at dealership and still no go. Changed fuel filter(fuel was almost black(injector O rings). Tried again still no go. After about an hour of 5 degree weather( truck was plugged in though) threw myself and called my brother and he towed me to Stealership. They did the scan thing and then said that the HPOP reservoir goes empty really fast when trying to start. Now they said something about the ball check valve in the block by HPOP. I told him about the injectors and the fuel but said they are waiting for parts. I thing I am a dairy cow and am being milked. I ordered a set of sticks from Swamps but they won't be here until next week. They were closed for the holidays.....Go figure. Any Ideas? Can having a couple of blown o rings cause the reservoir to empty like that or is there something compounding tyhe problem like bad LPOP. Icp reads 3000psi at first then drops.:dunno:

#2 ·
try a different icp? faulty IPR will ruin your day also. many things can killem dead.
IDM good?
PCM toasted?
To be honest my buddy had something similar with the dying, and it was the pcm fried

#3 ·
Truck is running.

The check valve and ball replacement worked. Also had the Baby Swamps installed and all I can say is "WOW". They made a world of difference. Better low end and runs smoother than when I first bought the truck. Mechanic even comented on how smooth it runs and even asked where I got em. Good PR for Swamps diesel. Anyway truck still acts like power is not there on top end. I can hear the whine from the turbo an fins and end play are good. Any suggestions?:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.