new 7.3 owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new 7.3 owner

i have a 96 f250 7.3
in the mornings it smokes white smoke with some blue smoke but after that first crank up of the day it doesnt do it anymore but when you crank it anytime instead of going to idle it slowly eases up there? and when you first crank it up it has like a surge then goes to a real low idle then normal..idk?
i have a superchip that came with the truck i put it back on stock tune cause when i got it it was on tow performance and transmission was shifting kinda hard and you can put it on high performance and cant tell any difference...and i pulled the codes and one says map sensor and i think p0107 ....could this be a problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 07:03 AM

also there is a sensor that is unplugged and the plug is part is cracked all up and i was told that it went to the wastegate but my buddy has a 99 7.3 and he unplugged his and did somethin with the wastegate to get more boost idk...first diesel good truck but just sluggish and slow response and wont smoke to save its life
Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
After a Google search it says you may need a map sensor.

OBD-II Trouble Code: P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input
Old 12-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman7.3 View Post
also there is a sensor that is unplugged and the plug is part is cracked all up and i was told that it went to the wastegate but my buddy has a 99 7.3 and he unplugged his and did somethin with the wastegate to get more boost idk...first diesel good truck but just sluggish and slow response and wont smoke to save its life
We dont have wastegates.

Your buddy probably pinched the wg line in his superduty... which will increase boost some.

Your truck wont smoke cuz it's not supposed, and wont without bigger injectors.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 AM

ok thanks guys yea i figured that was the problem i also changed the valve cover gasket on the passenger side and found that one of the clips closest to the fire wall when i unplugged the plug in part a piece of it was broke of so i replaced it with another one and it run alot better but it still throwin the map sensor code if the map sensor is bad would that be the reason fo the start up and the way it runs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.