Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No Start Cold Even Plugged In

Tags
cps no start
937 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sgt dave 
#1 ·
Well this truck finally stranded me. Here is the story......went to the dealership about 2 weeks ago and got them to give me the recall CPS for later (mine had set a code earlier). Changed it out and truck ran fine. Weather has been real cold here for the last week not much above 20 degrees during the day but -15 at night. Drove truck to work for 2 days. On the second day is started (plugged in at work) and ran good for about 4 miles then just completely shut down. Restarted and would run real rough then smooth out and then die like running out of fuel. Could get it to run a little by feathering the throttle enough to take it back to town. Plugged it in and drove the wifes business van home.......2 days later on day off I read the codes and CPS Failure was listed twice. Put the old Cps that I knew was working when pulled and no fire....off to the "Stealership" and bought a new one along with fuel filter. Changed both out and refilled fuel filter housing with fresh diesel. Tried to start and would run for about 10 seconds then die. Now not even trying to fire. All fuses look good white smoke and plugged in???????
Hated to do it but had brother tow me to the "Stealership". One last thing....Fuel in filter housing was really dark greenish black......any ideas???:dunno:

#2 ·
You should check fuel pressure. Fuel pump may be failing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.