Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No boost

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  85_305 
#1 ·
I got a friend with a 95 7.3. For some reason he is not able to build boost his a mechanic said that this bolt controlling his blow off is the wrong size. does anyone know the diameter of this bolt or the length?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using AutoGuide.Com Free

#3 ·
94-97 7.3's don't use a waste gate. The do have a exhaust back pressure valve built into the turbo it's only used to choke up the engine to warm it up when cold. Unless that's stuck closed it should have nothing to do with boost.

Sounds like he doesn't really know what he's talking about or you misunderstood him.

#5 ·
my buddies mechanic determine that it was a building propet boost from a test drive. Somewhere around 2500 rp m's he was only making about 4 to 5 pounds of boost. I'm sorry for any miss leading information as I'm not very familiar with my buddies engine in the 95. something does have to be wrong though because even with the stock trailer full of horses he barely makes over 12 pounds of boost

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using AutoGuide.Com Free

#6 ·
He needs to check the MAP sensor, MAP sensor hose, fuel pressure, EBP readings, and check for exhaust leaks. Leaking turbo up pipes will cause low boost. You also need to check peak boost readings under full load, like when pulling a hill. You should be seeing somewhere around 15-17 psi though.

#7 ·
12psi sounds pretty normal to me for a stock 7.3.

the mechanic, on the other hand, doesn't know dingle berries from the balls of **** on his ***.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.