Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

not running 95 350

733 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CircleBTexoma 
#1 ·
i have a 95 powerstroke 7.3 that dsnt run. i bought it from a friend that told me that he was driving it down the road and it slowly and slowly started dying. finaly it died completely and had it towed. i bought it and did a common fuel pressure test. well i had no fuel pressure so i changed the fuel pump and the cam sensor but still dsnt run. i crank and crank and get a sputter hear and there but no continues run... i had a friend with a computer check all the injectors and i have tested the glow plugs through the valve covers but not completely out of the truck.i wait 4 the glow plugs to kick on and off and still nothing but i get plenty of white smoke,kinda lost now any ideas?

#2 ·
One possible and easy check:

check fuse #22 under the hood - 30A at the top facing it from driver's side. If it's blown, the fuel bowl shorts it out (common problem) and it kills the PCM. Solution is to unplug the fuel bowl wire and install a new fuse. An indicator that this could be the problem is if you have lost your WTS (wait to start) light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.