Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

96 cranking no start

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  PowerstrokinIt F250 
#1 ·
well heres the deal.. i tried to start the truck two days ago, and at first it wouldnt start which i expected so i plugged the block heater in and waited an hour and it fired up first try. I drove it and around that night and brought it back home. The next day same thing it wouldnt start so i plugged in the block heater. An hour later it wouldnt start still, so i took my car instead but left the truck plugged. The next day it was still plugged in and i tried to start it and it still wouldnt start. It never sits all night with the block heater plugged in and wont start in the morning. Also when its cold it blows alot of white smoke while its cranking, i noticed it wasnt doing that the last time i tried it. I doubt its an injector because they were new about a year ago. Any ideas?? i need it to start soon. any help is greatly appreciatied.

#2 ·
any codes? do you have fuel pressure? getting a tach reading? all fuses good? do you have the stock HPOP? if so I can't help but think it can't possibly be keeping up with those stage 2s
I would be scared running a edge tuner with stage 2 sticks :/

#3 ·
i dont have a fuel pressure guage and i didnt check any fuses i guess i didnt think a fuse would cause this and why would you be scared of the edge evolution with stage 2's?

#4 ·
Are you getting a Wait-to-Start light? If not, check underhood fuse #22 (you don't mention an aftermarket fuel system). If it's blown, its usually the fuel heater shorting. Cheers!

#5 ·
im getting a wait to start light, im getting rpms, and by the way its the stock hpop with stage 2's also the stock turbo. i plugged in the edge and ran the trouble codes there was only one. it was p1661 and it said to "check the interenet for information" the only thing i could find about it on the internet was something about an injector pressure regulator?? if anyone has any ideas please let me know, i need to get this thing started asap:dunno:

#6 ·
the hpop was dry.. filled it up and it fired up first try.. thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.