Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HPOP failure?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  powerstrokesmoke96 
#1 ·
so today i was coming to a stop and my truck started running very rough and smoking ALOT. i recently swaped in a 17* hpop out of 2000 powerstroke, never had my chip retuned, could this be a problem, also i puchased the 17* pump used and maybe it was already about to go. or maybe it has nothing to do with a hpop thats just my guess, any info would be apreciated. thank you.

#3 ·
actually it has nothing to do with the hpop, checked the oil and it has water in it. could a failed oil cooler cause this or did i crack a head or the block?

#5 ·
Bad injector cups usually will cause fuel in the coolant. You might want to redo the oil cooler o-rings. Cheers!

#6 ·
i think i might just pull the motor and rebuild, i just got done with school on friday so i got lots of time to work on it

#7 ·
when i checked my oil i noticed it was very high and i barely lost any coolant is it possible im getting fuel in my oil? and the oil was very thin, almost like fuel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.