truck leaks bad!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
truck leaks bad!!!

just bought a 95 powerstroke 5spd. that is going to get a cummins at the end of next summer, but for now i need to drive it. the truck has oil running out of the valley at idle. but not running down the road. i drove it for a full week and oonly lost a quart in about 150 miles, but i let idle for 15 min and lost a gallon of oil. its coming out of the valley somewhere but i cant track it down. theres also fuel in the valley that maybe contributing too because this thing drinks fuel like 6mpg drinks it. i love ford but the 7.3 is one of the worst engines ive ever dealt with . i bleed cummins red so ive been driving dodge junk and finally up graded to a better truck with alot worse engine. i just need to get this thing drivable with out haveing to refill the oil to let it warm up. any hints where to start?

i know it says im a newbie but i have 3500 posts on cumminsforum so im not new to the forums just lurking over here trying to fix this thing the truck is way too clean to get rid of.

heres some pics

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

anyone?????
Old 11-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My guess is going to be the HPOP gasket, but it could also be the pedestal or HPOP lines. For the fuel leak, you'll have the pump out when you do the HPOP so replace all the soft lines as they have probably rotted with age and replace the orings in the water separator.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

update found the oil leak it started spraying out of the rod on the pedistool for the ebv. I found a short block for it cause the bottom end is tired too.

causing trouble with autoguide app for android
Old 11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Glad you found it. You can get a rebuild kit IIRC it's around $70 or you can delete it.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My favorite OBS color, damn sexy. If you don't mind me asking how many miles are on it? Just was wondering because I don't know the maintenance history of mine and would like a rough approximation of when I should be facing this issue.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

198000 of what im starting assume ar ethe hardest miles a truck can see. i changed the oil in it yesterday this is what came out, it looks better in the pic than it did in real life. i work on macks, freights and pete garbage trucks all day and i have never seen oil this bad.

i love this truck its my first ford and its by far the second best truck ive owned, (im partial to my 03 cummins i built that i had to sell cause i got laid off) i just wish it had a better engine than it does. everything else works great
Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ive got 2 more guys wanting to buy it as it sits they have till this weekend to come up with cash or its going to be going down to my buddies so we can pull the engine
Old 12-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just had the same problem with my 97 PS, replaced the o-rings under the pedestal, still leaked and traced it to the solenoid for the EBPV. I'm new to the PS and u mentioned a delete for it, meaning the EBPV?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah. you can delete the valve
i took the easy way out sold it and got an 03 commonrail cummins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.