Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

drained fuel bowl and now wont start??engine temp and fuel filter light come on??

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jesilvas 
#1 ·
so i drained the fuel bowl on my 96' this morning before i went to start the truck, then went to start it up she just wouldn't start up? cranks but doesnt want to even try to fire up?? so I turn the key and the wait to start light comes on; when it goes off i try to start the truck and it just cranks and the engine temp light and fuel filter light come on?? then when i stop cranking the wait to start light comes back on for 10-15sec then goes off again but same thing; no start and engine temp&fuel lights come on when you try to start it again?? fellow ford man in need:liar::ford: any input is greatly appreciated.thanks in advance.you guys are always a huge help!! also it is pretty cold out this morning here in colorado.i had the truck plugged in all night b/c i was told 3 of my glow plugs are out( project is on the list in the next couple weeks just need to get together the cash for the kit first.got laid off a month ago:( ) and i hear the gpr clicking and just replaced it recently so i know its working:dunno: need to get it runnin as this is my only vehicle:ford:

#2 ·
you probably lost the prime in the system. take the filter out and check if theres air in the bowl. If there is, crank it for a few seconds (dont worry about the glow plugs) with the filter out. keep cranking till the fuel fills it about 3/4. replace filter, and crank away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.